Good morning bloggers,
This morning I made this tasty Cajun Shrimp Linguine, and thought to myself what a better thing to do than share it with all of you! This is pretty simple and will turn out amazing, people will definitely be coming back for seconds.
Ingredients (serves 2 people):
- 1 lb Shrimp
- 8 ounces of Linguine noodles
- 2 1/2 tbs of Cajun Seasoning
- 1 cup of Heavy Cream (or Whipping Cream)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup of tomatoes
- 1 cup of onions
- 2 tsp of garlic powder (I substituted this with garlic onion seasoning, and used about 3/4 of onions )
- 1 1/2 tbs of olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbs of butter
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of another cheese of your choice (I recommend cheddar & more parmesan is an option)
After getting all the ingredients together please, prepare by cleaning the shrimp, dicing the tomatoes and onions. Don’t worry theres no more heavy duty cutting after this is done.
- Place 1 tbs of cajun seasoning on shrimp, mix thoroughly
- Fill pot with water and season the water with salt, when boiling add Linguine noodles, until softened.
- Put a pan on medium heat, and place both butter and olive oil into pan
- When butter is fully melted, place garlic powder into pan cook until browned
- Add onions, cook for a minute and then add shrimp and cook until pink (3-5 mins, you can cook for longer if needed)
- Add heavy cream and 1 tbs of cajun seasoning, turn to low heat and let food simmer
- When sauce thickens add seasoning to taste, egg yolk (mix immediately), cheese and add diced tomatoes and cook for 3 more minutes
- Pour sauce into pot with linguine noodles and mix thoroughly.And now you have a tasty dinner for two, enjoy !